Thursday, August 5, 2010

Never Done This Before

I just made my first fabric postcard! I've been thinnking about it but almost got forced into it. I'd also been thinking about trying some sun dyeing fabric. I love white T-shirts. I've practically lived in them this summer. I also enjoy eating. It seems I'm all over the place with this but hang in there with me, it will come together soon. See, I slopped something down the front of my new white T-shirt. It didn't come out...even my trusted Shout didn't do the job. Might be I forgot to treat it till I had already washed and dried it once, then tried the Shout. Siiiigggghhhh! Ok so I think I can cover that stain up with a Sun Dye try. Got nothing to lose. I have lots of paint that claims to be transparent and the procedure calls for transparent so I followed the directions--plastic and cardboard between the front and back and painted the damp shirt with a nice color called Clove. Looked nice. I liked it as I pressed the leaves and the flower cut outs into the wet paint. Set it on patio chair in direct sun. Checked it eagerly and finally realized that this particular paint wasn't right. Check that one off the list of possibilities. Ok so now I have a T-shirt painted with a nice front of this pretty clove color with some white barely peaking through. And after washing it, it is a little more sustantial than it was before...alright, alright...it's stiff. LIGHT BULB!!! Perfect foundation for a fabric postcard.

I've also been wanting to try a Liberated Wonky House. I belong to a group of liberated quilters. They are into wonky and houses and postcards...not necessarily together but in everything thye are liberated to be creative in their own way with no quilt policing. Check it out here http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lib-Quilters
Anyway I combined the Wonky house with the postcard. I loved it...was soooo much fun. Oh, I'll be doing this again. This will be sent to a very dear woman. I just want her to have my first. Here's a pic:

3 Comments:

At August 6, 2010 at 11:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

A wonderful first wonky house and postcard. I am sure the recipient will absolutely love it! Viv x

 
At August 7, 2010 at 1:02 AM , Blogger mkhquilts said...

Wonderful and Wonky-love it!

 
At August 7, 2010 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Trying something new is always fun. This looks great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home