Saturday, July 10, 2010

PIGGY GOES TO MARKET

In Stashbusters, a yahoo group I frequent, we have a multi talented gal who has taken on the task of recieving PIGS (Projects In Grocery Sacks) to put together and finish into donation quilts for her local charities. What a wonderful thing to do but definitely not something I would take on! She posted the states that she had not recieved one from as yet and Kansas was one. Of course, I volunteered to send one, not quite sure what I would send as I am perservering enough (Why does the word stubborn keep coming to mind?) that when I start something even if it frustrates me, I want to finish it myself. Hence the pile in the corner but that is another post...eremmmch. Then providence moved and I had a donation come in to my sewing group that I just could not give my girls, four of the sweetest most attentive darlings ages 8 to 14. They have never sewn before and this project would be a bit much for them. So off to market these go. I just can't wait to see what Gladys does with them. I think there is 14 of one and 13 of the other and then one loner that is combination of both prints. It's a type of barkcloth I think...maybe vintage.
Stay tuned...
Cheri

1 Comments:

At July 11, 2010 at 6:15 AM , Blogger Helen in the UK said...

They are intresting blocks, perhaps a Stack-n-whack variation? I bet Gladys will do something fabulous with them ... she has the knack :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home