Friday, July 2, 2010

It's My House, Right?

I, ok we, have a long hallway in our house that goes from the living room down to the bathroom and has the three bedrooms on the north side. The bedroom at the far end is my sewing room. The south wall is really a nice long, blank wall. The other day I needed to arrange the Hidden Spools blocks I've finished into a flimsy and to tell the truth didn't want to move the coffee table and vacuum the carpet to lay it out on the living floor. That is my usual mode of operation. The table which is really a foot locker type trunk full of vhs tapes that need to be sorted and donated is very heavy. As I was coming out of the sewing room, it hit me!!! HERE IS THIS WONDERFUL BLANK WALL CRYING OUT..."Design on me!!" So I did. The flimsy went together so wonderfully. Then so did a bow tie flimsy and then a pink 9P baby quilt. Then I ran across some bonus blocks so hung them all down a little ways so that I could get an inspiration for making them into a quilt. Everytime I go down the hall I get a little thrill seeing these things I am creating. But I also have a little twinge of guilt that my hall is my design wall. But hey, it's my house, isn't it?

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At July 2, 2010 at 8:36 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

It is your house!!!! Go for it! I look forward to following your blog. I love it already.

 
At July 2, 2010 at 11:33 PM , Blogger rcp said...

My design wall is a the end of the hall. When people enter my house through the front door they see my current project!

 
At July 3, 2010 at 7:53 AM , Blogger The Calico Quilter said...

As you said, it's your house! But, if you're worrying about the decor, you could do what I have - I mounted a flannel covered design wall in the hall behind a display quilt hung with clip rings on a decorative curtain rod. When I want to look at the design wall, I just push aside the quilt. When I straighten out the quilt you can't see the design wall at all. Admittedly, it's not a very large design wall but it works. Good luck and happy quilting!

 
At July 3, 2010 at 9:02 AM , Blogger Loretta said...

It IS your house...your company just might enjoy seeing what you are working on. I love to go to a gal's house here and see hers. Great start on your blog.

 
At July 7, 2010 at 9:47 PM , Blogger Robin said...

I used to use my hallway outside of my sewing room. Evreyone who came by wanted to go down the hall to see what I was working on. I say go for it. Now I have a wall dedicated to a design wall in my new sewing area upstairs.
Robin in Kelso, WA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home