Monday, July 5, 2010

My Little Block--PAVERS

This is a continuation of what I started in my last blog....When you have four of the 2" made
lay the light strip over the seam of the other pair with the dark at the top and stitch. Repeat with the other and you get two like this:


Place it with the light all toward the center as shown in the first picture above and flip one over the other, lock your seams and stitch. (I showed it off set in the second picture so you can see how it goes.) The finished block squares up the same as 2" 4 patches so could be used anywhere you would use the 4 patch. For instance in the Bricks and Stones pattern. I call these Pavers because the look like the pattern made by the pavers on our patio. The might also make a nice border...maybe for a Bricks and Stones quilt.


Someone may have already thought this all up but hey I had fun playing with it. I'm a self taught stitcher nearly from the beginning. I did hang around my mother's sewing room till I was about 11 and then had one year of home ec my freshman year but the rest has all been trial and error. I love the learning effort.

2 Comments:

At July 8, 2010 at 3:55 AM , Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Love your pavers idea :)

 
At July 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM , Blogger judith lockhart said...

That's a neat little block and great for scraps. Your blog is coming right along! I saw your note in the Lib Quilt Group.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home