Friday, July 2, 2010

Staying Busy!

I added some photos of some things I've been working on. The Trinity Stars Table Runner
 was adapted from a quilt pattern from a book by Kim Brackett called SCRAP-BASKET SURPRISES. Her pattern is called Scrap-Basket Blues & was made from all dark blues and beige background. I wanted to brighten it up a bit so I made the background gold and the center star a lighter blue. I have this young couple who have adopted me as an aunt to their son. I wanted to honor them for their first year as parents so I gave them this. And yes, I gave the now one-year-old baby some gifts, too! The mother's brother was my right hand man in a transportation ministry I did for several years. He had asked me for years to pray for his little sister, who in his words was "playing with the devil" I'm sad to say my friend a couple years ago had a stroke at a very young age and died. It wasn't till just a few monthes ago I met this sister and found she has married a good Christian man and has turned her life around. Willie would be blessed to know this.

I had put this French Board together awhile back but had never finished it so I went ahead and put the buttons on it. It really is hard to call this oviously Red White & Blue All American picture board a French one. Not sure what I will do with this one.


This Bow Tie has been sewed together now and ready to be backed and quilted.  Or I could border it and make it bed size. It is bigger than a baby quilt so will probably be for a boy somewhere a long. I like to keep a few for emergency gifts and givings.


I'm slowly getting my scrap stash down to a more manageable amount. This weekend I have committed to an on-line retreat. We get to stay in our jammies all week end and work on whatever we want. I'm going to be finishing up the last 5 batches of 25 batches of plum jelly for our missionary and then organizing, cutting and sewing in the sewing room. I might try dying a piece of fabric with some of the juice from the plums...sure is a pretty color...I can see a big splotch of it on the floor from here. LOL

5 Comments:

At July 2, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Blogger June D said...

Welcome to blogging!

Will be fun for you to have this record of what you are working on - and for us to see!

: )

 
At July 2, 2010 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Elaine Adair said...

Congrats on your blog! You certainly started off with one gorgeous header!!! You'll will be amazed at the people who visit you. I don't know if you put in a counter yet, but by all means, a counter is additionally fun!

 
At July 3, 2010 at 5:40 AM , Blogger Cheri said...

Thanks June & Elaine for the welcome & the hint on the counter. I will do that. Any and all hints are greatly appreciated. I would like comments to show and am tryikng to figure that out. LOL

 
At July 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM , Blogger JayTee said...

I like the bowtie quilt.

 
At July 4, 2010 at 12:06 PM , Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Just saw your message on Stashbusters - welcome to the blogging world!! Your 9 patch is very pretty, even if not what you envisaged. I have the Scrap Basket book, but haven't made any of the quilts yet ... so many quilt ideas, not enough time :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home