Sunday, July 4, 2010

Design Wall Flaw

Well, well, well, it seems there is a flaw in the design wall. The hall is not wide enough to get a picture of a full quilt. Durn it, had to move that trunk and vacuum the floor so I could take the pic. But glory, glory glory!!! I got the flimsy done of this Blue Ridge Beauty from Quiltville.com. I am in love with the whole idea Bonnie Hunter has come up with. This quilt is made up of 1120 2" squares made into 4 patches and 280 HST. It doesn't seem like that many, though because you do them as leaders and enders as you are making other things. I can't wait to border, sandwich, and quilt this. I think I am keeping it. My hubby really likes it. Every time he would go down the hall he would stop and say "I just don't see how that happens." I started with enough rows to make the first two diamond patterns and kept building from there. Once he said "You could just keep adding forever, couldn't you?" This is totally scrappy and all from stash. Gonna border it is dark blue marbled fabric. So far I am really pleased with this. There is one place where I have 2 of the same fabric together...can you find it?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At July 5, 2010 at 4:18 AM , Blogger Helen in the UK said...

This is a real stunner - congrats!
Thanks for your comment on my blog and my stash-busting challenge. Would love to have some company along to encourage me on the journey :)

 
At July 5, 2010 at 12:48 PM , Blogger mkhquilts said...

That quilt truely is a beauty! I hope you show a photo when bordered and quilted! All made from HST and 2" squares into four patches huh? I think I could do one!!! Is it on Bonnie's site? I'll have to look!

 
At July 6, 2010 at 10:32 AM , Blogger Brenda said...

I love the Blue Ridge Beauty and I have started mine already as well. I have enough scraps to make a queen! I like the color you added!
Brenda

 
At July 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Quilter Kathy said...

Fabulous! It really sparkles!

 
At July 8, 2010 at 3:47 AM , Blogger carolyn berroeta said...

You're right, it looks good even if you don't stick to Bonnie's colours exactely. I love it !

 
At July 8, 2010 at 5:48 PM , Blogger Nann said...

Your BRB is indeed a beauty! And your DH is right--you can keep adding rings forever.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home