Saturday, January 8, 2011

CLEAR AND CLEAN IS GOOD

You'll be glad to know I showered yesterday and got dressed. Two pajama days in a row would not be healthy! I cleared a tote full of selvages by flinging them
 to another quilter and freed the tote so I could use it for the plaid strings I'm finding to start my JulieK quilt. I had thought I would do something with those selvages cause the things they make with them are adorable but I just have to narrow up some of my things both in supplies and in focus.  These were some really nice selvages and they should be put to use not sitting in a tote that I have to move off my cutting table every day. They are on their way now to their destiny.  I also planned a couple of strip quilts as I was sorting more fabric and some of them just comboed (is that a word?) up like lovesick teenagers. I also found a few larger pieces that can be used for backings...that is a really good thing. I often get stalled on a quilt at the backing stage.

I am reading Susan Boyle's autobiography "The Woman I Was Born to Be"  It's a pretty good read so far.  She has a wit and humor about her that I wasn't expecting. I'm also reading former Attorney General John Ashcroft's book "Never Again" It is really good...inside details about 9/11 and the follow up. Two books at a time is not my norm. I started the Ashcroft book which is my husband's personal copy, when the library notified me Ms Boyle's book was available. Since it is on request status, one only has a limitted time to read it so I set aside the Attorney General's book. I'm sure he will understand the legality of it and forgive me.

I need to run the vacuum. Hunter green carpet is lovely when swept but really not a good choice for one who sews.  Have a great weekend y'all...

3 Comments:

At January 8, 2011 at 9:10 AM , Blogger Kasey said...

Wine red shows threads, too- I sat on our living room floor last night playing with my Go and cut fabric scraps into useable shapes, but afterwards I had to vacuum again, and i couldn't blame the dogs for it this time. Enjoy your weekend, too!

 
At January 9, 2011 at 6:35 AM , Blogger Pattilou said...

While waiting for my machine to get repaired I made some string blocks--love to do those, but like you the selveges are just going to have to be for someone else!

Mom got that Susan Boyle book for Christmas. Looks like a good relaxing read. Love her story and the CD's I have of hers. Her voice is like the voice of what I think an angel would sound like.

 
At January 10, 2011 at 5:27 AM , Blogger Lynda said...

One woman's trash is another woman's treasure! great to find a good home for all your selvedges and not have them guilt you out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home