Friday, November 19, 2010

ROLL, ROLL COTTON BOLL MYSTERY

I wonder how many blogs will have those words in their titles in the next few weeks?  Bonnie Hunter over at QUILTVILLE released the first clue to the mystery in the wee hours of this morning.  I got a good start and finished all the units for the first clue.  It took me about four hours.  I have always cut 2 inch strips from scraps so had a bunch already to go.  And luckily a bunch of them were the pink and greens suggested.  I didn't go with the double pink necessarily , just tried to stay away from the real pale one as I figured they would wash out into the neutrals that will be worked in with coming clues.  I'm excited to be participating in this with the folks from all over the world who are members of QuiltvilleChat This is my first mystery ever and I can see how getting a clue each week will help me stay focused to finish.  Here's a pic of the pile of units for the first clue.
Interesting, huh? Not as unorganized as it looks.  They are pinned together in groups of ten and I have a nice tub I'll put them in while I wait for clue 2.  Will be fun to watch this mystery unfold and see all the other posts and pics from around the globe. Ok off for lunch.
Byyyyyyyyyeeeeeeee

7 Comments:

At November 19, 2010 at 2:11 PM , Blogger Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow, you've been busy! I'm not doing the mystery quilt right now (desperately trying to get a quilt finished by Christmas). Besides, I'm just anal-retentive enough that I'm not sure I could make a scrappy quilt, let alone as a mystery quilt. And as a quilter who buys for projects, not stash, I don't have enough stash to use to make a quilt ... and the budget doesn't have room this time of year for shopping to make another quilt (I've already got fabric for two more quilts to complete after I finish the one I'm currently working on).

I am living vicariously through you all at Quiltville Chat ... and can't wait to see pictures!

Blessings from your new "follower". ;-)

 
At November 19, 2010 at 5:50 PM , Blogger Sharyn Mallow Woerz said...

You've kicked us off in fine fashion! I'm wondering if I cut a million too many strips :) So thought I stop, catch up with the mail, and then start sewing on that third strip.

happy quilting!

 
At November 21, 2010 at 3:05 PM , Blogger JayTee said...

you were a fast worker!!! I did one of her mysteries in the past and I was always way behind!!! i like your colors ( I'm not doing this one as I have too many projects started!!!

 
At November 22, 2010 at 12:11 AM , Blogger Suze said...

Boy, you're fast. I'm still finishing up the last mystery. I had some problems with it, but I am working on this one. I have 100 units so far...must keep going.

 
At November 22, 2010 at 5:30 AM , Blogger Lynda said...

I did one of Bonnie's mysteries last year, and it turned out gorgeous! I'm sure you'll have fun with this one, and be really leased with the result!

 
At November 23, 2010 at 8:23 PM , Blogger Quilter Kathy said...

Love your pieces...very scrappy and happy! Glad you are playing along!

 
At November 25, 2010 at 9:02 PM , Blogger Vivian said...

Can't make up my mind if I want to make this one now or later. I have so many things started but when I see your pieces laid out, it makes me want to dig through my scraps.

Happy Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home