Friday, January 7, 2011

JUST DOING MY THING

Yesterday was a pajama day...I didn't get dressed,  I didn't answer the phone...I spent the whole day working on scrap busting and organizing the sewing room.  I am making such good progress in there. I need one more shelf to put my mini fabric bolts on. Someone in one of my groups mentioned she stores her FQs on a CD rack. I happen to have a wooden one in the yard sale pile.  I think if I remove a couple of the shelves to give me height between them, it will work great for my mini bolts.  I love the look of these little bolts standing together so I can see my fabric prints and colors. As I am organizing, I am seeing fabrics coming together for future quilts. 


I washed 3 loads of fabric that a friend had given me from her mother's estate and got it all organized. The coolest thing was there was fabric there from the late 70's that matches a UFO quilt that I need to replace a stained  block in...just toooo cool that it matches and I'll be able to finally finish this quilt!  It has lots of memory fabrics in it and I think my oldest daughter will appreciate it.


I also cut a few strings for a plaid quilt I want to do. Here's a pic over at Julie K's of her luscious rendition.  Doesn't that just make you want to snuggle up in it? 


My RRCB mystery center is complete and the final clue was posted this morning. You can see Bonnie Hunter's here .  Mine will have to wait for the border treatments a bit though, as I have a Birthday Quilt that has to be done in the next couple of weeks. I can probaly work on the pieced border for RRCB as leaders and enders for this quilt, though. I'm looking forward to it as it will be my first T-shirt quilt and should be a real surprise for my youngest daughter.  I'm sure she has no idea that I have kept all her shirts.


I better check my messages. A friend made some tamales and has a half dozen ready for me. Yummy!


Later......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home