Saturday, November 27, 2010

I LOVE GOOGLE

I started a D9P quilt (Disappearing 9-Patch)  Well, I only made one 9 patch before the questions started.  Which color do you want to use the most? Which one is going to show up? Do you want to do it all alike or scrap it up?  So of course I went to my great source of info...Stashbusters and Quiltvillechat with my questions.  While waiting for answers I decided I'd look at some pictures.  So I Googled the phrase disappearing 9 patch and then clicked on images up at the top by the toolbar. Up pops all these great D9P quilts and when you click on the picture most of them take you to the person's blog who made the quilt.  Oh too cool.  Virtual D9P library!!!!  Two hours later I think I have figured out a scheme for this. The corner  squares of the original 9P become the focus or "fussy cut" square, the inside squares become the framing or sashing strips and the center square becomes the cornerstones.  Another thing I figured out from my trip to the D9P Library was there are a ton of blogs of really talented quilters that I haven't visited yet.  That's gonna cut into my cleaning time. Oh, darn!  But what's a quilter to do?

3 Comments:

At November 27, 2010 at 3:48 PM , Blogger Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I have been wanting to do a D9P for a while now ... do I dare go check out the images on Google??? ;-) Can't wait to see the pictures of your D9P! Blessings!

 
At November 30, 2010 at 10:05 AM , Blogger em's scrapbag said...

A d9p is on my list too. I may have to try what you did yesterday. Sounds like fun.

 
At December 1, 2010 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Louise said...

I love the D9P blocks. It's a simple block that generates a complicated-looking quilt, and there are so many possibilities. Have fun making them, because they really are fun to make!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home