Friday, November 12, 2010

QUILTED ALMOST ALL DAY

I really wanted to finish this Bricks and Stones quilt so I spent this morning sandwiching and pin basting it.  Went to the Chaplain's office and did an hour and half of computer work and got Bibles prepped to hand out as requested.  They have to be stamped "Free from Chaplain" and we like to insert a couple bookmarks and a Daily Bread. Feels good that all the paperwork is done for the weekend and we are ready to fill any requests in a hurry that come in on Monday.  I didn't make any visits as Chaplain was there and had done a round and I wanted to get home before the rain came torrenting in.  It is pouring now!!  When I got home I checked my email quickly and then headed for the DSM and started quilting.  This quilt is twin size and I did a meandering free motion stitch all over so it went fairly fast.  I had made the back large enough to self bind it by doubling the back excess edge twice for strength and then turned it to the front and machine stictched it down so that went quick too.  This quilt is already spoken for to be donated for a halfway house.  I am getting more even with my stitches on the FMQing and am really enjoying the process.   It's on a full size bed and would look better on a twin.  This one used a lot of scraps and is a Bonnie Hunter pattern from over at  Quiltville   She has lots of great patterns and is getting ready to start a mystery quilt on Nov. 19.  Should be lots of fun.

3 Comments:

At November 15, 2010 at 11:15 AM , Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Great job on getting the quilt finished! Love that pattern - I've made a couple of these and they are great fun :)

 
At November 19, 2010 at 7:40 PM , Blogger Catholic Bibliophagist said...

I just finished piecing one of these. I was interested to see that you hadn't made any borders. I've been agonizing over what fabrics to border mine with -- maybe I should just leave them off.

 
At November 24, 2010 at 9:46 PM , Blogger Louise said...

That one is on my list....it's a great way to use up scraps.
Good job on finishing your UFOs!
Louise

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home