Saturday, October 30, 2010

NOW THIS FUN~~I'LL BE MAKING MORE!

I have made bow tie blocks before...in fact I have a top waiting for a border decision hanging in the sewing room; however, there has been chatting on one of the groups about dimensional bow ties and someone posted a tutorial yesterday.  This morning I made one. It took about 2 seconds. OK. maybe a little longer but not much. 2 squares of one print, 3 of the other, a little tinkering to line up for pinning and voila!. It was so fun and quicker than the non dimensional I think. I will be making more of these. Just so cute. I used 3 inch squares because those were cut and handy. The picture doesn't highlight the dimension too well, but the center is puffy.  Below is the pic and here's the link to the tutorial.  Go try it, you'll be glad you did.

1 Comments:

At October 30, 2010 at 10:03 AM , Blogger Kasey said...

I bookmarked that tutorial! It seems every day I find another distraction from packing... heehee. Perhaps I'll have to turn them into a reward... pack a box, make a block, pack a box, make a block... I think I would end up with a new bedspread that way!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home