Saturday, November 13, 2010

HUSTLING UFO'S

I have incentive to finish a bunch of UFO's I have had for a long time.  I want some of these new crisp looking fabrics I have been seeing on other blogs...like RED PEPPER QUILTS for instance.  I just cannot justify the buy though until I get some of these projects made up.  I am rushing some of them and donating most of them. I have mentioned before that I joined STASHBUSTERS because they have a UFO busting challenge and it has really been helping me stay at it.  I'm going to try to clear most of the 39 UFO's I've listed there before the end of the year.  Most of them have just a bit to do, a matter of putting on my Nike's and just do it! Here's the morning's finishes. The pink one is the one I pin basted and forgot to put the batting in...I think I mentioned that in one of my last blogs. At any rate, I repinned it with the batting this time and this morning quilted it all over with meandering flowers.  Practising FMQing. I see I need to meander more and not do it in such a straight line. PRACTISE! I wrapped the back onto the front creating it's own binding.  The little quilt is the very first FMQing I did with no foot on the machine. And yes, I have already been scolded by others of the dangers of quilting with no foot.  If you read my blog you know I have since purchased a darning foot and boy! what a difference that makes. This makes 15 finishes since I joined Stashbusters in June...do they inspire you to quilt or what!?! I still have an hour left before lunch so I'm gonna go see what else I can line up to finish. Here's pics:




5 Comments:

At November 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM , Blogger judith lockhart said...

It is nice to get some of those UFOs quilted, isn't it? Such pretty colors in the small quilt - I enjoy reading your blog!

 
At November 18, 2010 at 5:19 AM , Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Good luck with your UFO finishing goal! You've made a good start. The freemotion flowers are brilliant for a first go ... add more curves on your meandering and you'll start feeling like a pro :)

 
At November 18, 2010 at 9:37 AM , Blogger Cheri said...

So right, Helen...more curves.
Thanks, Judy and it is good to finish!

 
At November 22, 2010 at 5:34 AM , Blogger Lynda said...

It's very satisfying finishing UFOs. A friend of mine's daughter has taken photos of all her UFOs and put them up on the wall. My friend calls it her 'wall of shame', but is enjoying finishing quits and taking down the photos! By the way, the meanders look good to me!

 
At November 24, 2010 at 7:20 AM , Blogger Cheri said...

Lynda, That's a great idea...I need some new decor! LOL Cheri

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home