Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I'VE DONE IT AGAIN

Remember I said I was rewarding myself with starting a new project for finishing 7, count 'em SEVEN, wooo-whooo!! UFOs?  Well I started the stars that I pictured in my last post and while I was cutting scraps for the stars, I saw some fabric that would lend itself to  Bonnie Hunter's Mountain Majesty I've been wanting to do, so I started one of those and that led to some for bricks and stones...I mean if the remnant is already 3 1/2" X 8" which is the size I like to make mine, why not go ahead and sew those black and white 4P onto it (left over from the last one I made)? And here's some more white 2" squares so I can cut these black ones and make a few more...oh, look at this brown print, it will make such good 3 1/2" squares for the scrappy basket.  And so it went.  When I shut the light out in the sewing room last night, I had started four more quilts. OOPS..make that five...I also sewed a few light/dark 2" strips into tubes and cut Hidden Spools blocks with my easy angle.  The cool thing is by organizing my stash, I have a better way to keep these WIPs.  I covered my shelves with some heavy duty vinyl wall paper, stapling over the edge and neatly onto the bottom so it looks really nice.  I found I can slip one of these drapery hooks into the shelf edge like so

clip the blocks together with a binder clip and hang them on the hook. The WIPs look very nice hanging in a row.  And I am busting my stash.  I did empty another tub of scraps working on these.  I think it is just in my nature to always have several things in the works.  That way as I am cutting I can add as I see what scraps work best with which project.  I can see some real progress in getting all these tubs emptied.  I found most of my youngest daughter's T-shirts which I plan to give her as a quilt for Christmas...
T
H
I
S
Christmas!!!
Best part of all this is I am really enjoying myself.  I love my life,
Cheri

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2010 at 12:29 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like a lot of fun -- and those Halloween postcards in your other post are just adorable!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home