Sunday, October 3, 2010

A COUPLE FINISHES AND A START

I had a ball putting this very liberated cat pillow together. Used all kind of scraps on the top that coordinated with the colorful Cozy Kitties in the strips and free motion quilted it onto a foundation. The back is snips of fabric, yarn and thread again free motion quilted all over to hold them down. I call this Give A Cat a Ball of Yarn.  Lots of good practise on FMQ.

This one was a UFO for awhile but I got it all finished and even hand stitched the binding down.  I don't enjoy doing that but the outlaw Jimmy Smits made it a little easier for me.  Some say he is just eye candy but I like his acting ability...(cough, cough) Well, that too.         Since I have had several finishes lately and have worked so hard getting a lot of my fabric stash out of tubs and onto shelves, I decided to reward myself with a new project...shhhhh! Don't tell any of the stashbuster's group. I've been wanting to try this pattern of a block that was in a box of sewing things a friend gave me.  I'm sure it has a name but I don't know what it. Here is the original block which is made with 3" squares and some of mine which use 2 1/2" squares.  I have seven others cut but not sewn yet.  This block is good for learning color value I think.

2 Comments:

At October 3, 2010 at 5:51 PM , Blogger Kasey said...

Cheri, when I drove down to Grissom today I brought the table runner to show my husband-- he loved it! And then he asked where on earth did I meet such nice people? :)
And don't worry, i won't tell SB on you if you don't tell them on me... I seem to be starting twice as many things as I finish lately... oh well!
The first project here-- Give a Cat a Ball of Yarn-- is awesome! You are so talented!

 
At October 29, 2010 at 10:47 AM , Blogger Michele Bilyeu said...

Cheri, your cat quilt idea is too fabulous for words with that perfect backing idea! Awesome use of scraps!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home