Thursday, March 3, 2011

LITTLE PROJECT

A few days ago Pat gave a quick tutorial on these cute coasters. I'd seen them and had wanted to try them so I did. They are so quick! Great idea for a gift. So fun too. If you like them head over to Pat's Patter for the easy to follow tute.

First I made the ones with the squares folded into a Triangle.  These look complicated but they aren't at all.  No tricks just simple placement of your squares.





Then two sets of Red White and Blue. I almost always have to capitalize those words when in regard to patriotism. In this case I'm thinking 4th of July get togethers.






I finished up with a set I call "I've Got the Blues." I imagine the reason is obvious.

Thanks to Pat for the great instructions.  Sometimes these quick little finishes are just what you need so you can return with enthusiasm to a big project.

Oh yes, last week I made a single one at my sewing class just to show the gals how it goes and yesterday my youngest student asked to stay after to make a set. They took about a half hour for a set of four and that included cutting the squares. She was going to surprise her parents at the supper table. I didn't have my camera so will ask her mom to email me a pic of them and will post.  Not thinking about it, she chose different green fabrics from our shelf and when we were finished we both said "St. Patrick's Day."  It was funny.  I think she is 9 now or maybe will be in April. Time keeps flying.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 3, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Pat from Florida said...

Wow, you've been busy. I love to see what others have done with my tut. Quilters are so sharing, and things just get better and better. Love you capitalization of R, W, B. We all should do that!

 
At March 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Wacky Woman said...

They look addicting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home