Friday, February 18, 2011

SIGNS OF SPRING 2011

 All things are looking good this year for an early coming of spring.  The groundhog says so, the TV guy reports it is just around the corner, yesterday it was 76 degrees and gorgeohsus!  AND whoo hoo! my dear Hubby just came into have me check out the first robins in our yard.  When I went to the window they were hopping around the car...probably foraging the crumbs that fell from my lap as I got out after my trip through the Wendy's drivethrough!  (Yes. I buy an extra FF and eat them hot on the way home...yeah right, try to convince me you don't do that, too.)  I ran for my camera and stealthily tried to open the door without scaring the one who was perched right on the corner peak of the shop's roof...what a great picture that will be but alas, off he flew at the sound of the opening door.  As I turned away, disappointed, I saw his partner on the highwire and was able to snap this picture.    Does she look full of eggs to you?  Pretty blue eggs all dressed up as for Easter.  This is always what is a sure sign for me that spring is sprung!  Get out the nursery catalogs, sharpen up the hoe, find my garden gloves and get out the neck pack and Ben Gay...albiet very early this year....it's garden time!

2 Comments:

At February 18, 2011 at 10:49 AM , Blogger Kasey said...

Our silly robins never left this year! I don't know if that's normal for this area since it's our first winter here, but being only 1.5 hours further south, it seemed weird. Every day, I've seen at least 15 robins hanging out in the crab apple trees outside our bathroom. But now that we had a warm day, I don't see any!!! Strange...

 
At February 18, 2011 at 11:49 AM , Blogger Wacky Woman said...

Wow, you are warmer ther than we are right now. We are expecting a nasty, nasty storm later today. Guess I better get out early to buy that fabric I need. Enjoy your gardening.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home