Monday, February 28, 2011

A FEW NICE PICTURES

This is a quilt that my brother and sister in law had hanging in the guestroom when I visited in December. She didn't reveal anything about it when I questioned her except that it was a family treasure. The head of the bed was against that wall so enjoyed sleeping beneath it. On the cedar chest against the other wall was a quilt I had made them many, many years ago. I couldn't help but wonder if it was put out just for my visit or if it was part of her daily decor.  I was tempted but not quite rude enough to ask. Don't know why I didn't take a picture of it.  Had a wonderful visit there and also fulfilled a dream to go into a lighthouse. My brother is the human resource director for one and took me there. My fear of heights caused my knees to buckle on the third landing and I had to forgo finishing the entire climb. Kyle was so sweet about it. He is a real gentleman...in spirit and in deed.  It was healing to spend time with him.

2 Comments:

At February 28, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Blogger Diana and LaDonna said...

I can see why it's a family treasure...beautiful.

LaDonna

 
At February 28, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Wacky Woman said...

Beautiful quilt. I'm sure that quilt you made is there all the time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home