Monday, September 13, 2010

SIXTEEN DOLLARS I SHOULD'VE SPENT A LONG TIME AGO

I sure wish I had bought that darning foot a year ago! I'd probably have quite a few less UFO's and more finished quilts.  What a difference it makes.  It is so much smoother.  I can't believe I stippled an entire double size quilt without any foot at all.  This morning I wanted to play a bit with it so I cut some rectangles of some green scraps I had,  layered it with batting and just meandered all over and practised writing some words.  I'd already decided that I would make pet pillows so that I could practise my FMQing. On this one I wrote "I'm a dog! I chase cats, squirrels and birds. I catch frisbees. I'm a dog!"  I liked how it turned out.  I labeled it to go to Critter Care for a donation.The opposite side is a khaki green & has words like "sticks, ball, bacon"...etc...you know things dogs like.  Yep the right foot makes a lotta difference.  See ya...gotta go play somemore.

Don't forget to comment with the word Birthday in it to be in my giveaway on the 21st. 3 people will get to celebrate with me by winning a prize. I;m getting some good ideas for the prizes.

6 Comments:

At September 14, 2010 at 5:27 AM , Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Glad you found a foot that would work with your machine. Looks like you're having a lot of fun with the practice - LOVE those words :)

 
At September 15, 2010 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Kasey said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pillows!!!! I just started "following" today, but I've been reading occasionally when I've followed links from Stashbusters... you, like so many of the group, are so talented! And you share a "birthday month" with the coolest woman I know-- My Momma!
~Kasey

 
At September 19, 2010 at 1:36 PM , Blogger Katie said...

Happy Birthday Cheri!!! Isn't that durn darning foot the BEST?! I've come up with a secret code word for You and I - BF and AF (Before darning foot and after darning foot hahahahaha)
So BF, the most success I have had is with no foot at all like you. The tutorials out there focus so much on the gloves and being relaxed and yadayada I didn't realize just how important the FOOT was. = D
What kind of machine do you have?

 
At September 20, 2010 at 7:48 AM , Blogger June said...

I have enjoyed looking at your blog and found you through Stashbusters, too. Your kitty looks a lot like my Earl Grey, his birthday is this month, too. He is a real bundle of energy!!

 
At September 20, 2010 at 5:13 PM , Blogger June D said...

Happy Birthday - you must be really good to do a complete bed sized quilt without a darning foot. Glad you got one and it's working out. I got some bobbin glides that really help me too - and of course change needle when thread gets balled up or breaks. The words are cute - will be fun to see what you come up with next!

 
At September 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM , Blogger em's scrapbag said...

What a fun pillow. It will make a happy birthday for some lucky puppy.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home