Saturday, September 4, 2010

WHEN UNDER ATTACK

Because many of my sisters in Christ are under attack right now I'm gonna get a little preach on right now. Take it with the love it is offered in....


I love you all and so wish I could hug each one of you right now. We are all under such attack. We are Christians (some of us may not know this yet) and not ashamed of the Gospel. So here is a little of what God says about what we are going through and what He promises. It comes from the Bible in Revelation 12:10-17.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.

14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.

15 And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.

16 And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.

17And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

He's talking about the Bride, the Church and we are part of that, each woman (men are, too, but right now I feel a real kinship to other women) is part of the Body. We are accused by satan...he uses our loved ones because he knows that will hurt us the most. But this Word says that accuser is cast down and that we overcome by the Blood of the Lamb, which is our salvation, and by the Word of our testimony, which is what we speak. When we get accused we overcome by remembering we are SAVED for all eternity and by what we speak...our TESTIMONY. I have to keep reminding myself when I am attacked..."Oh, no you don't you liar satan, I am SAVED! And I have overcome by that time Jesus pulled me up out the muck and mire." Sometimes I just have to remind myself of a specific time when Jesus did something really big for me. as when He healed my eyes, as when the doctors said I would never have children and I got pregnant...not once but 3 times!!!! As when he healed my hubby from cancer!  Like the prophet was told in the valley of the dry bones, I have to look at this seemingly crappy dead life that appears before me and speak life into my relationship with my husband, I have to speak life into the conversation with my daughter, I have to speak life into the face in the mirror that sometimes even I don't recognize.

Sometimes I have to get out into nature and let the earth help me (vs.16). It helps me see His works, the heavens proclaim His Glory, the earth claps her hands and the very rocks cry out...and I begin to heal. I don't understand how this works, I just know that it does. The Word of God is alive and it will bring healing to you...healing to your body, healing to your mind, healing to your emotions and healing to your relationships. I know that Jesus Christ loves me and He thinks I am special, that I am the apple of His eye and a Pearl of Great Price and that He has a plan for me. I know the same thing about each of you. He loves you with unfailing love. When the attack comes against you Praise Him...sing...you will start out barely eeking the words out but as you continue, He will strenghten you because He inhabits the praises of His people and in His presence is our joy and strength. and you will overcome all that is against you because if the Lord be for you, who can be against you? Arise and shine for our Light has come! Notice in vs 14, He gives the woman all she needs...do you think He will do less for you?

Read Jeremiah 29:11-14 (And if that is not enough, read Psalm 139 my favorite)

Jer 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 12 Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. 13 And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. 14 And I will be found of you, saith the LORD: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the LORD; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

I love you, each and everyone of you, but better than that, God loves you...He sent Jesus to save you and the Holy Spirit to encourage and teach and comfort you.
Blessings of peace and prosperity in all areas of your life,
Cheri
PS: If you don't have a relationship with Jesus, please let me know and I'll help you see how you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home