Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Good Incentive to Work Fast!

Ok, that incentive to go sew made quick work of that pile that was in front of this shelf. Looks better doesn't it? The pile was sorted and moved to either it's appropriate place in our abode or into the yard sale stack.  Most of it is in the sale stack. YAY!!!! The things on this shelf will all go directly into the sale. All except for those 4 plastic containers on the second shelf up, which hold my button collection...well, some of my collection, there's a few more in the sewing room.  Once this shelf is empty, the shelf itself will go onto the backporch to store yard work items.  The big roll of white paper will go into the sewing/craft room.  And then...and then  tadaaaa...I will have access to the hall closet again just in time for winter coats.  That fur coat hanging there is real fur.  I need to do some research on it and see what it is valued at. It was donated to our church. since I do a little eBayin' they asked me to see about selling it. The funds will go to our food bank and a bit for sewing class supplies.   Anybody have any info on fur?  Or a good place to start my research?  It is a full length Lark Lynn Furr and has a beautiful diagonal design.  And is in terrific condition.  If anyone knows anything I can take better pics.
I'm off to the sewing room for awhile. Don't forget to comment with the word "Birthday" in it for another chance for my giveaway to help celebrate my 21st Birthday...oops...I mean my birthday on the 21st...LOL!

4 Comments:

At September 1, 2010 at 1:48 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

Can you come work your wonders in my garage? LOL I'm about to venture out into that black hole to grab a book case for my sewing room. It is of course all the way against the back wall with stuff in from of it. What a way to spend the day before my birthday. :-)

 
At September 1, 2010 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Cheri said...

What would be the incentive? LOL

 
At September 1, 2010 at 4:22 PM , Blogger Lovie said...

Don't know about Furs, but you might check with the food bank and host a raffle to raise the money. I know that I will buy a raffle ticket for a good cause - even if I don't want the item they are giving away. Happy early birthday, and you are as young as you feel - so 21 could be beleivable.

 
At September 1, 2010 at 7:35 PM , Blogger Kathleen C said...

I've just had a birthday, Cheri, but I've got a lot of years on you. I really like your unique "sidebars" of books on the shelves; reading is wonderful for any age, at any time.
BTW, I am "Kathleen in CT" from our LibQuilters group. And I like your placemats. Let's see, how could you liberate that design?...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home