Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Show and Tell

I found the picture option.  Somtimes I am a little dense...just a little, not much and only sometimes. These placemats were fun to make. I sandwiched them and turned them rather than binding them. (I need to really practise binding because I get so frustrated with it. I probably could have put a little more quilting on them, too. I call them Lavendar Lemonade. The were a gift for my daughter-in-law who loves all things sunshiny. I borrowed the flip-flop idea from a quilt in the Fons and Porter magazine a couple years back.  I think I'll make some more things with them.  They are quick!
These (there are 2 of them) I made for a friend who loves music.  She has a beautiful singing voice.  I only have seen them once on her table right after I gave them to her and wonder if she ever uses them.  I hope so.  She has a small table for two in her kitchen and that is where I saw them the first time.  I called these Walking a Musical Path
                                                                                  Soar Like an Eagle is a table runner I made and sold on eBay. It was one of the first things I machine quilted. It's just a large meandering stitch.  I'll get better at it. It also should have had a border.  But it sold for a fair price so guess it is alright.  I have another one similar in process and I will put a border on it.  You can click on any of the pictures for a closer look. I reckon that's enough show and tell for now...for now.

1 Comments:

At August 29, 2010 at 6:12 PM , Blogger Michelle said...

The flip flops are adorable!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home