Saturday, February 5, 2011

GREEN STRINGS

Just finished binding up my fourth UFO finish of the year.  This one is one of my favorites to do. I love sewing string quilts, love using up scraps and love the finished project. This one is going on my bed so I decided I would try backing it with a favorite piece of cotton knit fabric I had.  I was cautious that it would slip and slide all over but perhaps the static electricity created from the heaters running non stop all week helped hold it together.  It stayed right it place and was very easy to navigate around my DSM. And at the end, there were no tucks, wrinkles or bunches on the back side so I was very pleased. 


And the back:


 



Off to watch the PBS quilt shows....

Cheri

7 Comments:

At February 6, 2011 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Pattilou said...

I always love how string quilts turn out. When I get bogged down with trying to figure out a design for a quilt with fabric that I have, I start a string quilt. I love your green strings and the bonus is using up all that stash for a backing! Nice work.

 
At February 6, 2011 at 11:41 AM , Blogger Katie said...

this is just beautiful...

 
At February 9, 2011 at 5:01 AM , Blogger Cynthia said...

This was the first time I'd heard the term "string quilts" and I love it! Reminds me of what our grandmothers and great-grandmothers would have done so that no fabric was wasted. Great job!

 
At February 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Helen in the UK said...

Gorgeous! I would have thought that a knit fabric would be a nightmare to quilt ... glad you had success with it! A case of 'she who dares wins' :)

 
At February 11, 2011 at 10:41 AM , Blogger LuAnn said...

Beautiful string quilt. I love them, too, and find they are pretty addictive. I chain piece them and they go pretty fast. I love the green in yours.

 
At February 12, 2011 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Diana and LaDonna said...

String quilts are so charming!

LaDonna

 
At February 12, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I love that! The green centers are very cool!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home