Thursday, August 18, 2011

Finished Starry 36Patch

Finished the 36 patch top by using star blocks between the 36Ps and really like the way it turned out. I'm thinking I might like a baby quilt done with just pink, yellow, blue and mint pastel 36Ps. Or maybe mixed brights with a single contrasting color that reads solid. One thing I did different with my 36Ps was to make a 6 strip stripset and the subcut into the 2 1/2" alternating rows. It went really fast. Remember you can click on any picture to make it bigger and them click on your browser's back button to come back here.  You can do that with any "blogger" blog, I think.

I used the remnants from the top to piece this back. Used up a bunch of odds and ends with this. And cut the scraps into 2 and 2 1/2" squares for leaders and enders. All those blues will go well with the Quincy House quilts I'm making for my friend Tim.  Those 7 quilts are coming together a bit at a time.  I think my husband liked this one because he asked me who I was making it for.  I might just have to make him his own or surprise him one day with his bed all made up (that alone would shock him) with a new quilt on top.
Stopped at a yard sale and picked up these 6 shirts for a quarter each. Don't you love that orange?  And check out that RWB cotton curtain panel--50 cents! Fairly long chunk of fabric! It has a nice fat double hem that I'll be able to get 2 long strings out of and a even fatter double rod pocket that will net me four 2 1/2" strips. So often that would just be waste because of the stitching. Another bonus was the buttons on 2 of the shirts that are a kind I've been saving with a goal of getting a full quart saved of those buttons.  I call them tortoise shell and my jar is nearly full. I started saving them when I was doing denim and flannel raggy quilts for our clothing boutique at my church.  I love recycling stuff...it pleasures my soul and prospers my pocket book.
Life is truly abundant.

4 Comments:

At August 18, 2011 at 4:07 PM , Blogger fabricpixie said...

Hi Cheri, love the star quilt and yes you did great getting all those shirts at a wonderful price for Shirttails quilts and swaps.

warm quilt hugs, sue in CA
also from Shirttails yahoo group

 
At August 18, 2011 at 4:32 PM , Blogger Wacky Woman said...

Excellent quilt and an excellent score at the garage sale.

Marilyn

 
At August 18, 2011 at 7:32 PM , Blogger Vic in NH said...

Atta Girl! Fun stars quilt, and great finds at the tag sale. Be proud!

 
At August 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM , Blogger Pattilou said...

Now that turned out so cute! If I weren't so lazy I'd have added some stars to mine--but mine is sewn into a 40 x 60 top and for now I'm done--but I certainly could use some of my stars with crumb centers with my others--maybe...I'll have to give it a go and see where it falls.

I cannot get my blog to click and make the pictures bigger. I used to be able to do that. Any secrets. There must be something I'm not doing after I changed the header. Thanks in advance for the help!

I keep thinking I'll stop at a garage sale, but never do. Maybe I should. Nice catch!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home